1. Do you like swimming?
Of course, I love swimming. It is a very healthy and motivational sport. I think swimming can endear itself to many people because water-related activities always deliver a sense of excitement and refreshment.
2. How often do you swim?
Well, it is largely dependent on the season and weather. In the summer, I usually go swimming with my close friends. During the hot weather, immersing yourself in the cold water is irresistible. However, in my country, it is virtually impossible to swim in the winter.
3. Where do you swim in your city?
My school possesses a standardized swimming pool, which is very popular among students. I often go there and the public swimming pool near my house is also my favorite option. Although the swimming pools in luxurious hotels are very appealing, they are beyond my means so I cannot swim there.
4. Is it difficult to learn how to learn to swim?
Well, a little bit, I think. Most sports require some form of physical exertion and swimming is not without exception. The first time, I was confronted with a lot of difficulties in maintaining stamina and also in holding my breath under water. However, with the assistance of my friends and continuous practice, I think I’m a good swimmer now.
1. motivational [adj]: encouraging, making people want to do sth
Eg: To most contenders, this intense competition is really motivational.
2. (to) endear [v]: sb/sth/ yourself to sb else : make sb/sth like you
Eg: The teacher’s kindness endears him to most of his pupils.
3. refreshment [n]: the fact of making sb feel stronger or less tired or hot
Eg: Minh is trying to find a place for rest and refreshment.
4. dependent [adj]: +on sth/sb : affected or decided by sth
Eg: A child’s development is dependent on many factors.
5. irresistible [adj]: so strong that it cannot be stopped or resisted
Eg: As a matter of fact, July’s arguments were irresistible.
6. virtually [adv]: almost or very nearly
Eg: Tom virtually admitted that he was guilty.
7. Standardized [adj]: conforming to standard of measurement or value; or of the usual or regularized or accepted kind
Eg: The infrastructure in my city is increasingly standardized.
8. option[n]: sth that you can choose
Eg: There are various options open to you.
9. exertion [n]: physical or mental effort, the act of making an effort
Eg: May was breathless from the exertion of cycling uphill.
10. without exception [expression]: without the absence of sth
Eg: Everybody has to go to work on time without exception.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.