Describe a party / describe a party you attended or joined
You should say:
• When was it
• Who joined you?
• What happened in the party
• I have celebrated many parties in my life.
• But here I would like to talk about a birthday party, which I enjoyed a lot
• It was the birthday of my younger brother.
• It was his eighteenth birthday
• I threw a surprise party for him.
• My parents were also with me in this plan.
• We invited a few of his close friends and some relatives.
• After my brother left for college that morning, I decorated our home with buntings and balloons.
• My mother baked and iced the cake.
• Actually she has a gifted hand at cooking and baking.
• I ordered some fritters, spring rolls, sandwiches and pastries for the guests.
• I even organised some games such as musical chairs, treasure hunt and passing the parcel.
• When my brother came home that day, we all were waiting for him.
• We welcomed him by playing the birthday tune.
• Everyone clapped and wished him happy birthday. M A KK @R i El TS
• He was really surprised and very happy. I could tell it from his face.
• The he cut the cake and we all enjoyed the cake and snacks
• Then we played the games.
• Everyone enjoyed a lot.
• I gifted a cell phone to my brother.
• He always wanted it but my parents wouldn’t let him buy one.
• I always felt his desperation for the phone, so I had planned to gift him one on his birthday.
• He received many other gifts also but my gift was the most special for him.
• We all danced a lot that day.
• I felt great happiness that day.
• I realised that true happiness lies in giving happiness to others.
• My brother is very dear to me
• May God give him a long and happy life!
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1. Do children like to party?
Yes, they do. Party means fun and enjoyment to them. It means new clothes, lots to eat and a chance to dance and make merry.
2. Do adults like to party?
Yes, adults like to party. To adults, it means a time to get together with friends and family. It means having a break from the monotonous routine life. It is a time to recharge one’s batteries.
3. Do you like loud music in party?
No, personally I don’t. It gives me a headache. But most of my friends do. They think that any party is incomplete without loud music.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.