An important decision you made with help of someone
You should say:
o What was the decision
o Who helped you
o How he helped you
• I think that decision making is an integral part of our life and we are constantly making decisions, either big or small.
• If we do not make decisions then life will become boring and we will not be able to move forward in life.
• Today, I would like to talk about an important decision which I made with the help of my sister.
• I have recently completed my schooling/graduation and it was time for me to decide what I wanted to do in my life.
• I was confused about what course should I opt for my further studies as I did not want to opt for traditional courses like engineering or medicine.
• I wanted an option which would provide me a bright future and at the same time should be interesting as well.
• I searched a lot on the internet about alternative courses and colleges but as there was too much information, i got more confused.
• So, I decided to consult my elder sister who is living in Canada.
• She is working in the Media and entertainment industry.
• When I asked her for advice, she suggested me to pursue a course in Animation as she knew about my interests in this field.
• She also suggested me some good colleges in Canada for this course and she explained me about the job opportunities that I will get after completing this course.
• Animation is quite popular these days and in future there will be a huge demand for people who are certified in this field.
• My family also liked the idea when I told them that I have finally decided to pursue a course in Animation.
• So, this was one of the most crucial decisions of my life, which I made with my sister’s help.
Part 3 – Follow Up Questions
1. Do you always ask for help when making decisions
Yes, I mostly seek my parents’ or siblings’ advice when making decisions. I feel that they understand me and are able to give me the best guidance and suggestions.
2. Do you think teenagers are able to take decisions on their own
Today, the teenagers are very well-informed and have a great exposure because of the access to technology. So, most of the teenagers are able to take good decisions when it comes to small, everyday decisions. However, for the bigger decisions like choosing a career path, they still need the experience and the guidance of their elders.
3. Why some can make quick decisions and some cannot?
Some people who can make quick decisions are very clear about what they want and do not waste any time making decisions. They have a clear, straightforward approach to things. However, there are some people who are not very quick at making decisions, as they may be confused and have a lot of external factors which affect their decision making skills. It could be because of a lot of and varied advice from family, friends, and relatives. Some people may feel pressured due to personal circumstances and other societal constraints. So they take a lot of time to decide on what to do or choose.
4. What should national leaders consider when they make decisions?
National leaders consider the public interests when they make decisions. They also consider the future of the nation when making certain decisions.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.