Describe a photo that you remember well
You should say:
– What’s in it
– When it was taken
– Who took the photo
-And explain why you remember it so well
(What’s in it)
I’m going to describe a photograph I took myself, from which I derive a lot of pleasure and remember so well. I have a collection of many photographs in my album, but this one holds a special meaning. The picture shows the sun was going down while some birds were flying in the sky. Interestingly, the mighty bright sun took the shape of a large fire ball and its reddish rays seemed to cover the entire world. The shot of the sunset was in great harmony with nature, which would help viewers to find their inner peace. The color tone, the composition and the surrounding environment were so mesmerizing. At that
very moment, the scenery in the picture was a totally different world, which was just like heaven.
(Who took that photo and when it was taken)
Actually, photography is one of my passions, and I always carry my camera if I have the chance to set foot in new places and interact with interesting people. As part of my first experience of travelling alone to a beautiful yet secluded beach in Coron, I took this outstanding photo. I took the photo at the very moment of sunset on the beach, which was actually quite incidental. At first, I intended to take a nice picture of the beach or the surrounding areas during my stroll, but when I beheld the spectacular view of the setting sun, I knew I had to capture this precious moment at any cost.
(And explain why you remember it so well)
When I clicked the photo, I felt completely at ease and immersed in the beauty of nature. Actually, I had never seen such a beautiful sunset before, as I’ve always had to spend my evenings in the office with a huge workload. I also realize that the usual, hectic lifestyles hardly ever allow people to enjoy such pure pleasure, which is a pity. The photo was in fact the greatest experience I’ve ever had, and the sight that day is still one of my most vivid memories. To me, sunsets are magical, romantic, invigorating and give us a unique sense of belonging in a bigger universe.
1. mighty [adj]: very large, powerful, or important
Eg: All the members in the group was all amazed by the mighty mountain.
2. in harmony with [expression]: to be in a situation in which people are peaceful and agree with each other, or when things seem right or suitable together
Eg: We must ensure that tourism develops in harmony with the environment.
3. inner [adj]: inner feelings or thoughts are ones that you do not show or tell other people
Eg: Sarah seemed to have a profound sense of inner peace.
4. composition [n]: the way that people or things are arranged in a painting or photograph
Eg: The composition of the city’s population has changed dramatically in the past 20 years.
5. secluded [adj]: quiet, private, and not near people, roads, or buildings
Eg: He hired a secluded house in the forest.
6. incidental [adj]: happening by chance, or in connection with something of greater importance
Eg: His influence on younger employees was incidental, not intentional.
7. at any cost [expression]: no matter what dangers or difficulties are involved
Eg: In the end, we realized we had to fight the lawsuit at any cost.
8. (feel/ be) at ease [expression]: feel relaxed
Eg: Jessie felt completely at ease when being with her family.
9. a vivid memory [expression]: memory that produces very clear pictures in your mind
Eg: Until now, Jane still has vivid memories about her first love.
10. invigorating [adj]: making you feel healthier, less tired, and more energetic
Eg: These yoga postures are invigorating and good for balance.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.