1. (What’s your favorite season)
(Answer) Honestly, I love all the seasons but I think my favourite is spring.
(Give a reason for your answer) I feel that the weather in spring is very comfortable, as it is not too cold or too hot. The weather is sunny and warm with gentle winds. Besides, this is the period that everyone gathers with their family so in this season, I believe that people feel happier.
2. (What do people in your country like to do in different seasons?)
When in spring and autumn, the temperature is neither bitterly cold nor unbearably hot, people tend to go on a picnic, or wander in the park. When it comes to summer, people can choose more physical activities like swimming, camping in the forests and playing ball games, etc. However, in winter, people believe it is not suitable for outdoor exercises, so they prefer to stay at home to rest.
3. (What’s the least favorite season in your country?)
(Answer) I’m afraid there is no definite answer for this question, but it may probably be the summer.
(Give a reason for your answer) For a country with tropical climate like ours, it’s intensely hot, which exhausts people during the day, even at night. In some regions, extreme weather in the summer will lead to frequent droughts and impairs the harvests there.
4. (What are the differences between different seasons?)
(Give a reason for your answer) Basically, summer is the hottest season of the year, while winter is coldest. In comparison, autumn and spring are quite pleasant seasons. Moreover, in summer people, love to wear light clothes while in winter, the use of woolen clothes increase. Summer and winter are longer seasons, while autumn and spring are shorter ones.
5. (What season is good for travelling in your country?)
I guess the autumn is the best time to travel. The dry and cool weather in autumn offers more favorable conditions for a perfect trip around the country. Besides, as the foliage of trees turns yellow, you will find the picturesque views all around you. Wherever you go, you will experience a memorable trip.
1. gentle [adj]: not violent, severe, or strong
Eg: Outside the flat, she could hear the gentle wash of the waves on the beach.
2. period [n]: the length of time that something lasts
Eg: He planned a stay of two years’ period of holiday.
3. bitterly [adv]: bitterly cold = extremely and unpleasantly cold
Eg: The winter in Canada last year was bitterly cold.
4. unbearably [n]: in a way that is too painful or unpleasant for you to continue to experience
Eg: The sun was almost unbearably hot today.
5. wander [v]: to walk around slowly in a relaxed way or without any clear purpose or direction: đi dạo
Eg: We spent the morning wandering around the old part of the city.
6. exhaust [v]: to make someone extremely tired
Eg: I’ve exhausted myself with all that cleaning.
7. drought [n]: a long period when there is little or no rain
Eg: Once a year, in time of drought, animals travel north in order to survive.
8. in comparison [expression]: when compared with
Eg: In comparison, he is more outgoing than his brother.
9. favorable [adj]: positive or pleasing
Eg: The movie received generally favorable reviews.
10. picturesque [adj]: (esp. of a place) attractive in appearance
Eg: We strolled through the picturesque streets of the old city.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.