IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Street Markets (for January – April 2019)
1. Do you currently live in a house or a flat/ apartment?
At the moment, I am living in a house with my parents and siblings. Although our house is not very spacious, it is located in quite a favorable location which is just 5 km away from the city center.
2. Are street markets common in your country?
Definitely yes. Our country has a long tradition for street markets. There is usually from 1 to 2 street markets in every local community.
– Yes, it’s very popular. I think people prefer shopping in the street markets to shopping in the supermarkets simply because the goods in the street markets are fresher and sold at more affordable prices. In addition, there is also a wide selection of choices in these open-air market such as stylish clothes, designer bags and shoes, fashionale jewelry, and handicrafts.
In most cases, parents make the final decision on their children’ names. This is simply due to the fact that they have absolute right to do this. Having said that, parents often consult the advice of other family members such as grandparents before jumping the gun. After all, all parents want the best things for their children.
3. What is usually sold there?
There are almost all sorts of products that are on sale there. They vary from food, clothes to handmade accessories and jewelry. Besides, there are some vendors selling different types of mouth-watering junk food nearby.
4. Do you think people like street markets? Why?
Yes, I do. Street markets are usually close to residential area which is very convenient for purchasing daily groceries. Besides, vendors at street markets offer products at a more affordable price compared to supermarkets.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.