1. What is your favorite movie?
(Answer) Well, I am an avid movie fan, and my favorite movie is Parasite, a 2019 South Korean black comedy thriller film directed by Bong Joon-ho.
(Give a reason for your answer) It received widespread critical acclaim and won the Palme d’Or at the 2019 Cannes Film Festival, becoming the first Korean film to receive the award.
2. Do your friends like this movie?
(Answer) Well, it was actually my close friends who introduced me to this movie, and we watched it together in the cinema right on the day it was premiered.
(Give a reason for your answer) We both shared an immense love for movies with exotic themes and twisting plots, as these excited our curiosity. As expected, Parasite is generally gripping and finely crafted, which left an unforgettable impression on us.
3. What kinds of movies do you think young people like?
(Answer) Well, Action and Comedy are possibly the most popular genres of films among youngsters.
(Explain your reason or reasons) The young will feel relaxed or genuinely interested in these styles of film. I also think that movies which depict real life stories or have an unpredictable plot also capture the attention of those of a younger age.
4. Do you want to be a movie star?
(Answer) Well, not really.
(Give a reason for your answer) I do not have any particular talent for acting, singing, or dancing. Besides, I value privacy, but being an actor means you are constantly surrounded with paparazzi and public attention. I just can’t imagine having that kind of life.
1. avid [n]: extremely eager or interested
Eg: He took an avid interest in the project.
2. acclaim [n]: public approval and praise
Eg: Despite the critical acclaim, the novel did not sell well.
3. premiere [v]: if a show, film, etc. premieres or if it is premiered, the first public performance or showing takes place
Eg: The play was premiered in New York.
4. immense [adj]: extremely large in size or degree
Eg: They spent an immense amount of time getting the engine into perfect condition.
5. gripping [adj]: something that is gripping is so interesting or exciting that it holds your attention completely
Eg: I found the book so gripping that I couldn’t put it down.
6. genre [n]: a style, especially in the arts, that involves a particular set of characteristics
Eg: What genre does the book fall into – comedy or tragedy?
7. genuinely [adv]: really and sincerely
Eg: I’m genuinely sorry for what I said.
8. unpredictable [adj]: likely to change suddenly and without reason and therefore not able to be predicted (= expected before it happens) or depended on
Eg: The weather there can be unpredictable – one minute it’s blue skies and the next minute it’s pouring rain.
9. capture one’s attention [expression]: to interest someone
Eg: Most of the textbooks we looked at were too dull to capture students’ attention.
10. particular [adj]: special, or this and not any other
Eg: In the light of recent incidents, we are asking our customers to take particular care of their personal belongings.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.